Left torticollis

My LO is 6 weeks old and has left torticollis (tightened muscles on the left). She only turns to her right. I have been to physio 2 times now and they taught me some stretches to do for. It is getting stressful that baby still prefers her right side. Any parents with similar situation? How long did your LO take to be cured of this situation? #firstbaby #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO diagnosed w torticollis too. Went to the physio a couple of times & did the stretches. She recovered & both physio & dr discharged her when she turned 5months old. Try to do the stretches as much as possible & things will get better when she can do more tummy time! My LO turn way lesser after she can lift up her head during tummy time (i guess it helps w her muscles as well) Good luck & hope your LO will recover soon!

Read more
8mo ago

KKH! She was diagnosed right after birth so didnt go polyclinic. Just follow up at KKH

not diagnosed but my bb preferred right side too. so we switched his sleeping position so his left side is facing outwards (when he looks at us). we also make it a point to talk to him on his left side. it took a few weeks of practice and everyone (including my parents) to do the same.. now he’s ok with both sides. don’t worry mummy, give bb time to learn and change too.

Read more