Feeling upset, unjust and self-pity.

Living with my husband’s family including his SIL and their newborn. MIL has been helping out with the newborn though there is a helper employed specifically for it, newborn sleeps with the MIL at night so the parents get their sleep, but MIL behaves like the newborn family is the only household under this roof, talking shouting laughing and slamming baby equipment every early morning and night as soon as their family is awake, disrupting my rest. Basically the movements in the household is centered about their routines. I have shared my grievances of noise with MIL but nothing has changed. She buys them meals and ensure their well-being is cared for, on the other hand we are like an invisible tenant in this family. She has also said that our child should be taken care by my own mother instead of her on future, since it would be naturally easier and more comfortable for me. I don’t know what to feel about this, i am jealous, envy and upset, feeling unfair. On the upside, i enjoy my privacy and i am the type who cannot stand noise or interference, so it is in a way good that we are not bothered. There are times though when i feel tired, sad and weak, just hoping that MIL bothers asking if i want her to help me get meals or just showing concern for me and our life… My husband and i will be moving out by the time i pop so i am holding out in the meantime. Should i expect things to change or improve or just don’t bother and live my life as it is since nobody cares and we are moving out soon?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just tolerate for a bit more and you’re out of there. I still have 2 more years to go 🫤

2y ago

Hang in there! 💪🏻