Hi Would like to check how do you all sterilise bottles when overseas? Is there a portable steriliser to bring along or do you all use the tablets (seems abit unsafe when dont need to wash off the chemical after soaking the bottles?)

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I been using quick boil for their bottles or lugged a jumbo size lock and lock and sterilised bottles in it. Did it a few times when kids was admitted into hospital as kids preferred to use own bottles and teats. Used sterilising tablets once and that's it, I will not be using as it gives out the chemical smell which kids dislike.

Read more

I will sterilise the bottles by boiling them . But recently on our overseas trip , I brought the whole steriliser along ! As we are on a road trip , just put it in the car , convenient and faster . I'm using Avent steriliser

I used to get these microwave sterilizing ziplock bags to sterize my bottles but its only useful if the hotel do provide microwave! Otherwise, I usually just use hot water to sterilze when I'm at oversea.

Post reply image

I will boil hot water n rise the bottle before use when I go oversea with my baby , else if there is pot for me, I will have a quick boil on the bottle

You can bring along a lock and lock container, place your washed bottles inside, pour hot water into the container, cover it and leave it to cool.

There's portable sterilization From Hygenie. Retail at $60++ .. if u are keen do let me know as I have a brand new set to let go ☺

Post reply image
VIP Member

I bring along a small bottle of milk bottle cleanser to clean the bottles & rinse with boiling water after the bottles are washed.

I use hot water to sterilize.. Sterilizing tablet tends to give a very chemical smell after the sterilizing which I dont like..

i brought along a big lock and lock box and i sterilised the bottles ans pump parts by submerging the items in hot watet.

I will just use hot water to sterilise the bottle. The most traditional and simple way that my mom always do..