1st ultrasound

last cycle 48days. i test 35days negative for pregnancy test but 48days I test have faint line today is 57cycle since last cycle. recently went for check out only have a yolk sac should I be worry?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

What did the doctor say? if the pregnancy sac measures more than 2.5cm (1in), with no sign of an embryo, your sonographer can make a diagnosis. If the diameter of the sac is less than 2.5cm, the pregnancy may just be less advanced than you thought. You'll then have another scan one week to two weeks later. If there's still no sign of an embryo after this time, your sonographer is likely to diagnose a blighted ovum. Just FYI the gestational sac is often the first thing that most transvaginal ultrasounds can detect. This is seen before a recognizable embryo can be seen. Within this time period, a yolk sac can be seen inside the gestational sac. The yolk sac provides nourishment and acts as a preliminary circulatory system and is eventually absorbed into the gut of the embryo

Read more

What did your gynae say? You'll usually only see the heart beat from 6 - 7 weeks, so I'll think don't worry too much?

VIP Member

Uaually week 6 to 7 should be able to detect heartbeat 😀