Getting nervous in tri3

Hi ladies, I’m currently week 31 and can’t help but feel nervous as the due date draws near. Feel unprepared and don’t know what to expect. Any advice and tips to calm the nerves? #1sttimemom #adviceappreciated

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! It's totally normal to feel nervous as your due date approaches, especially if it's your first time. I've been there before, and I completely understand where you're coming from. One thing that really helped me during my third trimester was to focus on getting prepared for the arrival of the baby. Make sure you have all the essentials ready, like diapers, clothes, and a safe sleeping area. It's also a good idea to attend prenatal classes if you haven't already. They can help you feel more confident and prepared for labor and delivery. Another thing that helped me calm my nerves was talking to other moms about their experiences. Joining a support group or online forum, like this one, can be really helpful. Try practicing relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or prenatal yoga. Taking care of your mental and emotional well-being is just as important as taking care of your physical health during pregnancy. And remember, it's okay to feel nervous and unsure – you're not alone in this journey. You've got this, mama! Wishing you all the best as you prepare for the arrival of your little one. #YouGotThis #TakeDeepBreaths https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I had similar feelings when I was in third trimester and if you're like me, no amt of external reassurance was enough until I did some self work to feel equip. I started to learn abt the process of labour from youtube and pain relief options, etc. If I could start all over again, I'd also learn more abt breastfeeding and sort out confinement plans/food as I later found that these were impt. If you are busy now then you can start these when you begin your HL

Read more

Take baby course with husband offer for many hospitals to learn about baby care, giving birth process, breastfeeding techniques. Making yourself mentally prepared. Prepare music playlists to control breathing during delivery, and pack for baby bag for admission. Can prepare a birth plan to be share with gyne and nurse

Read more

Just stay calm, focus on birth and ensuring you + baby doing well. Feeling nervous is common, even after my #1 I do feel nervous for my #2. Relax and dont be stress. Do what you can and always tell the nurse/gynae/midwife if your pain tolerance level is over the roof.

watch YouTube of other moms sharing their experiences, you will kinda know what to expect. see what are the things you need to prepare for labour etc. i recommend watching Bridget Teyler's video under "Birth Meditation" it helps me during my labour journey

My baby is 1yr old plus now, third born and was still very nervous like my first born haha. Its the fear. But yes, ask for epidural first, if you really need it. I took for all three of my births.

I was nervous too! I have v low pain tolerance generally and I’m allergic to painkillers so i was v scared. But was still ok! Just ask for epidural early on :)