Hi ladies, may I know if is necessary to take any supplement during first trimester? Does ur gynae prescribe any? My gynae didn't give any except folic acid . Thank

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi my Gynae also only prescribed me folic acid during my first trimester and because I had nausea she gave me vitamin B as well. She did not even give me any multi vitamins in first trimester so I guess it is fine. Will be better to take the nutrients naturally from a balanced diet anyway. In second trimester my Gynae gave me iron pills and DHA and in third trimester she added calcium. Iron pills may cause constipation so do take more water and eat food that helps digestion like prunes. For bird nest I heard from people that it is not good to take too often and too early in pregnancy as it may cause eczema or phlegm. Suggest you start taking that in third trimester.

Read more

Congrates on the pregnancy :) I had folic acid and prenatal vitamins - that should be about it with balance diet that is varied. My Gyne is the more short and sweet kind, only the necessary stuff will do. But do note if u want to take more than that - like calcium supplements etc, u got to check with ur Gyne. Sometimes, it might cause constipation if u did not increase your water intake enough for it - which is a major no-no. More supplements in the second trimester actually - DHA supplement, bird nest, home-made chicken essence Congrats once again !

Read more