Ranting about gynae

Hi, jus some random ranting. I am 26 weeks pregnant and accidentally fell down on both my knees ytd night in bedroom. I didn’t hit my tummy but One of the knee was bruised and I was in shocked. I did make sure to assure my baby and checked no bleeding. But since i m a first time mom to be I am worried and tot it might be good to still see my gyane today jus to make sure baby is fine. However, this morning we called the gynae clinic and they have no Available slots to fill me in cos the gyane has full appt today and a surgery in the afternoon. I felt that they are v unfeeling and could at least squeeze in one short slot for me to do Ultrasound. They advised me to go KKH A&E though I would prefer for my own gynae at TMC to do. Nonetheless I will be going down to KKH to check, in cases like this would u think tt ur gynae clinic could have been more sensitive and help the worried mum by squeezing in a slot for us to see the gyane?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My gynae has alr advised me right frm the start tt if there's any emergency to go straight to KKH. And by emergency means bleeding so if no bleeding it's definitely not an urgent case. I even fell down a few steps in school cz a student pushed me (working as a teacher)and my gynae just asked me to monitor. I had no bleeding. The clinic allowed me to bring forward my checkup to a week earlier which was 6 days aft my incident. Baby was well. Don't worry too much. Private gynaes usually have a tight schedule too and if there's an emergency, they will still ask u to go to the hospital as nth much they can do in the clinic.

Read more
8mo ago

Thanks for the Assurance. I guess I was feeling abit kan cheong n worried. Now at KKH a&e waiting too. Hope everything fines 🙂

I guess the gynae also cannot do much as she cannot just cancel or rescheduele any appt and maybe she think that yours is not so urgent as you didnt hit your tummy and likely baby is fine. Thats why she say just go kkh a&e

I think it's part of SOP to recommend going straight to A&E rather than see the gynae, since the gynaes are usually have a packed schedule. In any case, urgent attention is what is needed, and A&E is meant for that.

TapFluencer

🙏