stop supply

ive stopped pumping for close to 3weeks now and stopped dl for about 4days as i want to fully feed formula bc my supply is super insufficient for baby. but i decided to pump today bc it felt painful n hard(no block ducts tho) &the milk is greenish in colour. can it still be fed to baby?? also how to naturally stop supply? i dont want to take pills

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi... Suppressing milk If your breasts are firmly supported and you don't express milk more than needed for comfort, your milk supply will gradually decrease. 1. Wear a firm bra both day and night to support your breasts and keep you comfortable. 2. Use breast pads to soak up any leaking milk. Change them as they become wet. 3. Relieve pain and swelling by putting cold/gel packs in your bra, or use cold compresses after a shower or bath. 4. Cold cabbage leaves worn inside the bra can also be soothing. Wash and dry the leaves before use and cut out any large, bumpy veins. Keep them in the fridge as they need to be cold. Change the leaves every 2 hours or when they become limp. Continue using the leaves until the breasts stop feeling overfull.

Read more