2 mths old, sleeping through the night?

I've been religiously trying to feed baby between 3 hr to 4 hrly daily, but realised baby refused to drink much at night. Now that my baby hits 8 weeks, is it safe to let him set his own pattern? We are just afraid he has gastric or something.. so still feeding him 3 hourly plus to 4 hourly. Advice appreciated.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Wow I would love for my baby to sleep through the night. I don't wake my baby up if she doesn't cry for milk though. I'll just pump and then give it to her when she needs. The stomach of a 2 months old is very very small so may not consume as much as we imagine. You may want to consult your PD about this. Check the diaper output and also if there has been consistent weight gain to feel assured

Read more

i have been letting my lo sleep through the night since birth, she only slept longest 5hrs during the first month, afterwards about 6-8hrs, i just feed slightly more if she slept long. so for example her usual intake is 100ml, i will give about 120-130ml after she wakes for milk. but if she doesnt finish i don’t force her

Read more
Super Mum

There’s no need to feed baby during the night if baby’s sleeping:) as long as baby’s drinking the required intake during waking hours. At this age, I fed on demand too.

I would only feed my baby if she fuss at night. At 8 weeks, my baby can sleep abt 3 to 4 hours.. now at 3 months, she can stretch up to 5 to 6 hours =)

Ok thanks mommies. I'll feed on demand. Anyway he is having a spurt now. Timing v haywire.