Food choices

I've been eating mee sua soup for the past 1 month. Tried to eat rice & other home cooked dishes, but it doesnt suit my palette. It seems that my kiddo likes to eat either bland stuff or sweet stuff. I've tried food like: chocolate bread, blueberries, japan pear, strawberry, stir fry ladies fingers, mee sua in soup.. these are fine. Certain home cooked dishes just dont work out, couldnt swallow. Is this okay for the 1st trimester? #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it should be fine as long as you've been taking folic acid and are well hydrated. cos during the first trimester, they're still getting nutrients from the sac instead of the food we eat, that's why it's normal and OK for some pregnant women to lose weight in the first trimester due to no appetite or morning sickness unless it's the serious type (HG) that you vomit whatever you eat and drink and that would require you to go for IV drip in hospital. if youre afraid of not getting enough nutrients, can try taking prenatal pills (of cos, consult your gynae about it before consumption). my gynae specifically told me to only start gaining weight in 2nd trimester and it's OK to lose weight in first trimester. if you're still worried, call your gynae and seek for a peace of mind. take care!

Read more
2y ago

ohh i see! the gynae gave me medicine for anti vomitting. i can function now. but probably my tastebuds kinda weird. so it's either sweet stuff or bland.

Post reply image