Subsidised patient

Isit true that if i am a subsidised patient, i might get a medical officer to do the delivery? Or there is a minimum rank for doctor to practice delivery(e.g. registrar and above) to qualify?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it will be midwife or routine doctor. That’s why I opt for private. If I were a subsidised patient i think I don’t know have to wait how long for my cervix to dilate despite waterbag burst. My cervix was closed for 12 hours after my waterbag broke. Luckily my gynae came and said he will do emergency c sect for me. If I were a subsidised patient, I guessed the routine doctor would ask me to wait and wait because they don’t dare to make decisions.. it was so traumatising.

Read more

I was also very skeptical at first. And on the day of delivery, it’s a midwife, not a gynae that helped to deliver initially. But she’s good! I took >1hr to push and the gynae (junior + senior) came in. The junior and midwife & nurses helped to “push” my baby out , instead of using vacuum or ask me go for csec. And although they weren’t the most senior person u can think of, they are very professional and I’m very very grateful to them.

Read more

I'm a sub patient too and delivered on Feb. Mine was 2 very professional female gynaes who assisted with my labour in NUH. My previous birth in the same hospital was assisted by a team of professional midwives. No issue with NUH and my birth story in both KKH (last birth there was 13 yrs ago) & NUH has been nothing but splendid!

Read more

mine was a random doctor who was doing his rounds came by to assist in my delivery. i am not sure of his rank or name even, but all i know is that my baby was safely delivered! my stiches were done by another doctor who was accompanied by a trainee so it took a longer time to complete.

VIP Member

Yep, true. Not that I want to scare you also, but 1 of the mummy in my edd group delivered at kkh patient. She said her husband saw the medical officer do the episiotomy for her. And he just kept cutting as the mummy pushed, end up cut till next to her anus. Very big cut

well I'm not sure about the rank of the doctor,but can tell you is the doctor that sew my wound is still a trainee 😓

True. Because of that I opted out from being a subsidised patient and went to a private one.