Papaya

Isit okay to eat papaya? Am in my 9th week currently. Those ripe fruit and not unripe papaya salad kind..

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had constipation on my first trimester and I consulted my gynae, he laughed and told me is an old wives tale. So I start eating ripe papaya every 2 to 3 days and end up having bleeding. Thankfully baby is fine. I think better to avoid papaya or pineapple and try other high fibre fruits like dragon fruit.

Read more
VIP Member

I did take. Until a colleague mentioned that it cam cause miscarriage. They said the same for pineapple because of its enzyme. However, as I am not one who just follows advices without thorough reading, I tried to read more about it. Turns out, it is perfectly fine but in moderation.

TCM said no papaya so I haven't been eating at all. Under the list of foods, seems like papaya will hinder oestrogen production, better don't take too much.

My friends, colleagues, relatives all guided me same papaya and pine apple to be fully avoided for 9 months. Can have all other fruits.

VIP Member

It’s okay...Eat cooked papaya.. I eat papaya since 1st trimester cause i’ve constipation and it works to help that..

VIP Member

My Gynae said complete no to Papaya & Pineapple for entire term. So, no Papaya for me

I still eat papaya until now I’m 17 weeks. Eat in moderation.

i think best to avoid unripe ones, ripe ones in moderation

VIP Member

Can eat papaya in moderation, only ripe ones.

Can but in moderation