Putting all in mouth

isit normal as my child is almost 13months but he is putting everything in his mouth. (toys, fingers, books). it is so difficult to teach him how to stack up blocks, read books to him, etc...as all will end up in his mouth.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I just brought this up with my Paediatrician last week for my 13 month old kid too. Apparently suck it up cause its normal haha pun intended. But to be fair I've never seen this in 18 month olds in school (playgroup kids). But there are friends with kids who has sensory issues and prefers to process things through taste . Just be super duper vigilant for batteries insects bits at the playground floor etc. I frequently wash sun toys and wipe books. Not so worried about fingers but the skin will peel from all the sucking and teeth grinding urgh. They will grow out in time so dont try putting oil or cream on babys fingers. Just bear with it meanwhile okay? 😊

Read more
VIP Member

Putting things in their mouths is one way children learn and experience their world. U’ll have to slowly educate him on what can be put into the mouth and what can’t As different children learn and experience differently, it might just be a long process for some and vice versa.

TapFluencer

my baby also, when i gave the book, she will eating. I gave everything, sometimes i though my baby hungry.. she was eat 1 hrs ago and why hungry? she like putting all in mouth, and read the baby will doing that till 36 months🥲

1🩶

👍

🩶