Are there any disadvantages of not to letting baby have a pacifier? Like affect their brain development?

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not that I'm aware of. The only thing i can think of is you may not be able to soothe the child from crying. Other than that, It's more pros and cons. In fact, if baby is on pacifier, you will then have to think of ways for your child to wean off.

Read more

Not really, my baby so far 2 months, had nvr intro pacifier.. My parents were saying when they are teething if give pacifier will affect the growth of their teeth..

I dun tink pacifier or no pacifier will affect their brain development. its more to soothing them... both my LOs do not use pacifiers..and they r doing jus fine.

Not really. If its ther to help baby calm dwn...tt it wont really affect baby's development. As long as baby is happy.... Mummy doesnt have to worry...

no real disadvantage. but baby may suck his fingers. some say that it's easier to ditch the pacifier since we can easily remove it from baby.

Never came across anything that says it maybe bad for the brain development. Only that it will be a habit. Overall it's a personal choice.

VIP Member

Choosing to give your LO a pacifier or not is up to what you believe in. Does not cause any major harm whether or not you choose to give.

No . I didn't intro pacifier to my almost 2 years old toddler since birth . She'll self sooth herself using her milk bottle nipple

not sure on that. but my girl sucks finger till now (p3) after she reject pacifier n prefer her thumb when she is 6months old

Don't think there are any disadvantages. It's also a matter of choice whether you choose to give baby the pacifier.