Is it safe to drink kapeng barako if you are pregnant or breastfeeding?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I think kapeng barako is a strong kind of coffee and it may not be very well suited for pregnant women. If you can't really skip a cup a day, you may instead opt for lighter version of coffee, like decafs, with maximum of 200 mg caffeine. When I was pregnant, I still had my morning cup and it was accompanied with some palpitations in exchange so my OB suggested for me to stop drinking anything with caffeine. But as of now while I'm BFing, I limit myself to one cup a day. Just watch out for some reactions for you and your baby. :)

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

My aunt said to only eat healthy foods when you are pregnant and even more so when you are breastfeeding. She once told me that pregnant and breastfeeding moms should avoid drinking too much coffee because what the mom intakes, the nutrients pass on to the baby.

I suggest you just skip it if you're pregnant. You'll be at risk of palpitation and heart burn. If you're lactating, it should be fine. Just don't drink too much and observe if your baby gets fussy and wide awake too. It means he/she is sensitive to caffeine

I've read that caffeine isn't really a good thing to be consumed while your pregnant, most especially it's a kapeng barako type. Tea, soda and any types of caffeinated drinks must be avoided if possible. L

I don't think it's safe to drink it regularly as it is strong. When I was pregnant, my ob-gyn only allowed me to drink 1 cup of caffeinated drink a day. She also prohibited me from drinking brewed coffees.

As for me a breastfeeding mom, i guess its not advisable to drink samething with coffeine, kasi it affects your breastmilk supply baka humina ang pag produce nito or mas lumala pa nga at mawala pa ito.

VIP Member

no its not safe especially sa buntis. Kahit nga super antok ako sa duty pinipigilan ko talagang wag uminom nyan

Hindi po ata. My friend once told me nung uminom sia ng kapeng barako,parang nag false labor daw po sia

hindi po siya advisable :)