Is an Airfryer worth getting?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally feel its not worth it. The food cooked in air fryer is not same as the one we fry, rather it tastes more like baked which I normally do. So what the use spending so much in the air fryer if I can bake the same things in the oven. technically speaking the food cooked in the air fryer will be more crispier than that of the own as the speed of hot air in the air fryer will be fast. But then the cost of electricity is higher for the airfryer also remember an oven can get more food in it than the air fryer.

Read more
VIP Member

Great, thanks for the perspectives. I was worried it might end up a white elephant too since we don't usually fry our food, and yes my good old build-in oven can do wonders, just as you ladies mentioned! :D

TapFluencer

I agree with Shuo. I have tested an air fryer and I feel there's a bit of hype there. The same action can be mimicked in the oven. The Spanish croquettes we make didn't even turn out crispy and golden. Pfft!

I agree with Shrutika if you have a conventional oven, why waste money on an airfryer

thanks