KKH subsidised to private

Hello! Intending to switch from the subsidised route to private when I'm nearing week 20. Anyone have any gynae recommendations? :) I've only attended a few appointments so haven't gotten a firm choice of my gynae yet. Thank you in advance :)

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Dr Ada Ng!!!! U need kindness and understanding throughout and i was lucky to get her even though we were at the very last minute. She even tries to avoid episiotomy and will weigh out all options including emergency procedures. Not pushy for inducing at 39 weeks but gives u a full picture of ur conditions and what to expect. I like my statistics and also listen in to others exp so i dont blindly follow trend or dr preferences 😃 (when they wanna cut or induce according to their schedule) so as natural as possible and backup plans when the body does otherwise or puts baby and me in danger. Another one everyone else seems to love is Dr Suzanna but she is a bit senior so costs per visit might vary if that's a concern. But every story of labour and birth is perfect with this Dr. I never got her because i booked too late.

Read more
6mo ago

very pro natural from my exp. but that was looking at my condition before labour. even when things were bad during birthing she didnt broach csect when i was half dying but can see her and the team working hard. it was bad but she was terrific i swear

I have switched from KKH sub route to KKH private from week 36 onwards. Seeing Dr Sim Wen Shan! Saw many good reviews about her and she gave me ~2 to 3 weeks of HL (but this is due to my work doesn't allow me to WFH and have to even work weekends). luckily she is really understanding. However seems like quite a few other mummies under her and she is detailed as well. My sub route wait time is generally below 1 hr. Once I switched to private, I have to wait for 1 hr ++ (way behind scheduled appt time)

Read more

Dr Ee Tat Xin is a great doctor. He definitely listens to his patient and gives great advice especially for first time mum. Also, he’s got this positive aura around him and I always feel good after each visit. I’ve been on Pte route from day 1 of my maternity journey and he has been the Dr I’ve been with . I will say that he’s great and you are in safe hands 🙏🏽

Read more

Dr serena koh meiling highly recommended! My friends are with her too. Extremely friendly, very patient and very reassuring esp when you’re in doubt or concern. And she’s linient with HL! And would say quite easy to get her availability. Her consultation is around $130

Dr Ee Tat Xin is great. Very very patient-oriented. He has great goals in fertility aspects as well.

I converted to private at 20 weeks, Dr Serena Koh recommended by my friends and SIL 🤍

Dr Goh Siak Ming - v flexi w HL, no doubt