Infant cries hysterically suddenly

My infant, 7 weeks old now, has cried hysterically three times already, within a span of 2 weeks. He is already fed, has his diaper changed and also burped, and his nose sprayed. We brought him to TCM massage to help with his gas and reflux, but he still cried like that. I don’t know what the issue is, and it makes me want to also cry whenever I see him like this. Usually he stops crying when we pick him up and rock him, and when I talk to him. But none of these worked the past 3 times. Has anyone’s baby behaved like that? I don’t think infants so young can have nightmares, correct me if I’m wrong. Does anyone know what’s happening? #advicepls #pleasehelp #FTM

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you’ve done everything you could and still crying, it could be simply colic. Babies get colicky between 4-8 weeks old. Mine cried every single night from 9pm to 5am for 3 weeks straight. I almost broke down also and have exhausted all means to pacify her. But it will definitely get better after the 8-9 week mark! Colic is due to infant immature digestion. Some things that worked for my baby to make it a bit better was 1) baby carrier, (2) stroller and go for long walks, (3) put her on infant seat in car rides if you have a car

Read more
1y ago

Oh. Thanks for the tips. Will try this the next time if he has another episode.

Hi Canice! It must be very taxing for you right now but dont worry it might be a phase known as growth spurt. It is typically a short periods of time when your baby experiences quick physical growth in height and weight. Hope you are okay! Take care and dont stress ♥️ Hwaiting!!

Could it be he is still hungry despite being fed? My 8 months old ate 2 bowls of porridge, but cries 30mins later, only stops after we fed her milk. Try offering him milk again and see if he wants it?

1y ago

Yes I bought another brand recently to let him try. Hopefully it’s better.

VIP Member

Same experience but it happen when my 7 week old baby get frightened during her sleep, or become extremely fussy cause she cannot go in deep sleep

1y ago

Yes my boy can hardly get into deep sleep.

TapFluencer

Tried applying Ruyi oil?

1y ago

Could try change of formula if he’s on formula