Sgh or Kkh

In my second trimester and wondering if private package at sgh or kkh is better, and if anyone can recommend a good gynae, someone friendly and patient.

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I followed up and delivered in SGH. I saw Dr Devendra, he's very patient and gentle. He also seems pro natural and respected my decision to wait for natural/vaginal labour though my water bag broke for a long time. He also didn't push me to take oxytocin to speed up the labour. I did deliver naturally after 24 hours, which was actually the duration he estimated (probably by experience). He specializes in maternal fetal medicine/ high risk pregnancies, which I prefer as I have chronic medical conditions. To note, he is very popular and his clinic wait is always long, though I saw him as a private patient. That's also partly due to him being very patient and he does take time to explain details. Never felt like I've asked a stupid question as a ftm. I noticed that the patients ahead of me do take a while to come out too. The clinic waiting area is usually full of his patients and we're the last few to clear out. As for the facilities in the clinic, sgh o&g centre has their own lab for processing urine specimen, blood test area, and ultrasound suite. I never had to walk to another department for ultrasound scan or blood test. Dr Devendra does ultrasound for me during every consult. For more detailed scans, he'll order a scan with the sonographer at the ultrasound suite. Just to point out, I think because he's very experienced, he didn't give me high frequency follow up all the way till I delivered. I.e. There wasn't any pressing concerns that warranted him scheduling frequent visits. My last few appointments were fortnightly, which I personally didn't mind at all because by then it's very tiring to keep going. He also won't give you unnecessary scans, supplements or medications. I trust his clinical judgment but it may not be for everyone; some may prefer having more frequent follow up or more frills.

Read more
3y ago

may i chk. as private patient any deposit needed upon admission?