Natural or C section?

I'm stuck between going for natural or C-section. Pls share your experience. Reasons why I'm considering C-section: 1. I have unexplainable backache since I was a teenager. 2. It's more predictable and my husband can plan to be around during that period. 2. A lot of my friends ended up having to go for emergency c section after prolonged labour. 3. Edd is extremely close to a loved one's death anniversary. Family expressed concern about baby coming out on same date. #advicepls #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can't really say abt natural as I had elective c-sect mainly due to baby's big size (3.8kg and I'm a petite 1.5m mama) and I wasn't dilated at all at 39 wks despite lots of walking, squatting etc. And I didn't regret my decision one bit as it turns out tt my baby's cord was actually coiled ard his neck. Tt cant be captured in ultrasound and if I had continued with the initial plan of natural birth, I wld have still ended up in emergency c-sect which is worse than elective. It was actually a very fast procedure, I hardly feel as though I gave birth. The only thing I hated was the epidural injection (I hate injections in general). But I wld still have to take it even if I deliver naturally as I can't tolerate pain. The csect pain is still tolerable aft birth as I took lots of painkillers. The first walk 24 hrs aft surgery was indeed v hard but u'll get a hang of it. While other moms had to to take the wheelchair upon discharge, I cld alr walk albeit at a slow pace 😅 The csect wound healed well too, almost invisible cz my gynae gave me anti-keloid spray aft the dressing was removed a week later. Each childbirth is unique. Seek your gynae's advice and if u feel best to do c-sect, just go for it. Don't get influenced by what others said abt natural being better. I did feel tt way initially but aft weighing all the things, my hubby and I decided to go for elective csect, upon recommendation frm my gynae too. My gynae was pro-natural but looking at my situation, he advised otherwise and indeed there was a need for csect when we saw tt baby's cord was coiled ard his neck.

Read more
3y ago

Oh wow, thankfully you opt for elective otherwise must be a scary experience to see baby's umbillcal cord around neck. We did a 4d scan previously and my baby's umbillcal cord was around his neck, not sure if it's still there now. 😔 Would be seeing my gynae in 2 week's time and I think we'll be deciding on birth plan. I'm hoping that if I opt for elective C section, my experience / recovery would be like my friends. Most of them recovered fast after c section. Keeping my fingers crossed!!