sleep on stomach in trimester 3

I'm pregnant, already in the third trimester. My belly is quite big now and visible... I panicked so much, Mom. Earlier, I woke up on my stomach... yes, my belly was underneath 😭 I immediately cried and asked to be taken to the hospital for a check-up. I don't know how long I was lying on my stomach??? But thankfully, my baby is okay. The doctor really advised avoiding this sleeping position, especially with a big belly. It could've caused my baby can't get enough oxygen 😭 Has anyone experienced something similar?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh dear, I can only imagine how scary that must have been for you! I'm so relieved to hear that your baby is okay. It's totally understandable to feel panicked in that situation, but it's great that you acted quickly and got checked out by the doctor. In the third trimester, as our bellies get bigger, it can be challenging to find a comfortable sleeping position. Many pregnant women find it helpful to use pillows for support, such as placing one under the belly and between the knees to help with side sleeping. Some also find a pregnancy pillow or a wedge-shaped pillow to be really helpful in providing support and preventing them from rolling onto their stomach during sleep. It's also a good idea to try to train yourself to sleep on your side, preferably the left side, as this can improve blood flow to the baby. If you do accidentally wake up on your stomach again, try not to worry too much, but gently and carefully reposition yourself onto your side. As for your question about similar experiences, I'm sure there are other mothers who have gone through something similar and can share their stories and tips with you. It can be really comforting to know that you're not alone in these experiences. Take care of yourself and your precious little one, and don't hesitate to reach out for support whenever you need it. Wishing you all the best in the rest of your pregnancy journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Recommend to sleep sideway with boster btw your leg, and a small pillow below your belly for support

yes sometimes im not realised when sleep but when i jaga i cepat2 ubah posisi

💕

💕

💕