Belly cramp when sleeping sideways

Currently towards the end of 2nd trimester. And Im starting to get belly cramps when sleeping sideways at night. I believe its from the weight of the belly since my belly is getting big and heavy. Is this normal and will the cramps affect the baby? Its not intense. Is there any way to encounter this or prevent the cramp ? I have tried putting small pillow below my belly for support but its jot comfortable at all I ended up keep waking up several times and not having a good sleep for quite awhile 😣 #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try different positions? If you feel uncomfortable sleeping on your left, then turn to your right, if you still uncomfortable, try sleep sitting up at an angle propped by pillows on your back. I am late 2nd trimester too and have the same problem as you, and not only do I get belly cramps, I get ribcage pain as well, sometimes my organs hurt too😢. Anyways now I have 3 big pillows and 2 tiny pillows on the bed 🤣🤣🤣. One for laying flat on my sides and 2 for propping myself up to sleep, the tiny pillows for my tummy and back when I lay down. I have a bolster too for whatever purposes I need. Ill often wake up in the night to shift position. My poor husband has been reduced to sleeping 1/3 of the bed for now haha.

Read more

it’s normal, won’t affect baby. try using pregnancy pillow. it will help esp in 3rd trim.