cramps in trimester 1

Mom, I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant... I don't know why, but recently I've been feeling cramps in my stomach. It feels like I'm about to get my period... but there's no bleeding. On top of that, the nausea is really severe... Is this normal during pregnancy? I'm really worried and want to check with the doctor, but I'm extremely busy with a work project. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's totally normal to feel worried about any unusual symptoms during pregnancy, but rest assured, cramping in the first trimester is actually quite common. Your uterus is expanding and stretching to make room for your growing baby, which can cause some discomfort and cramping. As long as there is no bleeding accompanying the cramps, it's usually nothing to worry about. Nausea and morning sickness are also very common during the first trimester. It can be really tough to deal with, especially when you're busy with work. Make sure to stay hydrated and try eating small, frequent meals to help ease the nausea. While it's always a good idea to check in with your doctor if you're feeling concerned, if you're unable to make an appointment due to work commitments, consider reaching out to a trusted friend or family member who has been through pregnancy before. They may have some helpful tips and reassurance for you. Remember, every pregnancy is different, and it's okay to seek support and advice from others who have been through similar experiences. Take care of yourself and your little one, and don't hesitate to reach out if you need more support. You've got this! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
TapFluencer

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Cramps like period cramps are normal. Just observe & as long as there is no bleeding, you're good! Nauseasness is also normal in the first trimester. Different pregnancies may vary. I understand that work is important but rest while you can & dont stress yourself too much. You got this!! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Read more

Cramps are normal, just monitor for bleeding. Nausea is also normal, and a good indicator that your pregnancy is present actually. if you're really worried, find a gynae near your hse, easier and faster.

At week 8 too, and the nausea and headaches are crazy :( don't feel like period cramps, but feels some pulling at times too

As long as you don't see blood, it should be fine as cramps are normal.

Try to get more rest and reduce stress 🙏 hope it helps

TapFluencer

🙏💕

💕