Tired of leaking breasts

I’m the main parent to take care of my newborn and as she doesn’t latch, i’ve to exclusively pump for her. Been going on for months and honestly it’s physically n mentally tiring. Sometimes when she’s being cranky and needs my attention, I missed or delayed my pump session and that causes leaking breasts and pain. I can only quickly pump out the milk as soon as I’m able to settle the baby. I’m so tired of leaking breasts and all the washing that is accompanied with the pump. Sometimes I have this strong urge to switch the baby to formula instead then i will also have more time for her without the pumping schedules n washing regime. I’ll like to know if working mummies are still keeping to the 3hrly pumping routine? How to juggle pumping n your rest time especially when u r returning to work?#pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey Mama, It certainly takes a lot of effort and sacrifice to keep up with a pumping schedule despite having gone back to work. I have friends who persisted and brought their pumps with them everywhere. They had to work around their pump schedule. There is no shame in wanting to scale back on breastfeeding. Your well-being is just as important and if keeping up with a pump schedule is affecting your mental health, then scale back. Baby deserves a happy and less stress mama! Your baby will still be able to getting the nutrients he needs from formula milk.

Read more
3y ago

Thanks! Yes, sometimes i feel i ‘neglected’ the kid becos i ‘needed’ to pump… geez gonna scale back