How to eat

I'm in my week 7 and my MIL comes often to cook for me. However I feel like I'm having an eating disorder whenever it's meal times due to my nausea, smells of delicious foods will trigger me. When she asks what I want to eat, just thinking of food triggers my nausea. And I really don't know what to tell her. Anyone with same experience? It's like some foods I can eat some days but after few days cant eat the samw thing aledy, some foods really brings vomit to my mouth.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

we are a little similar. Eating is a bit stressful for me now because i feel so picky (pre-pregnancy im super easy to feed, i just eat whatever is on the table). now i walk the food court 4 rounds and still dont know what i want and yet im super hungry...i feel like crying at the food court. or i eat my food half way and i dont feel like eating any more because im sick / bored of the taste in my mouth. 🥲 i think just need to be kind to yourself and be honest with your mil. let her know that you really have no appetite and you just want to eat XXX ( EG. simple food like bread or whatever it is.. ). And also end with once you feel better and have a craving, you will be sure to tell her and have her cook for you.

Read more
1y ago

😢 im not listening to those. this is the time to pratice selective hearing 🤣 i went to a prenatal yoga yesterday and most of the mummies there are very positive and share that it seems to get easier for them a bit but of course there is always new things pop up and new changes but they are coping well. so i am feeling very inspired. we preggy need to stay together anf bask in postivity !!! 🥰❤

Yes happened to my first pregnancy when i was having severe morning sickness and suddenly lost my appetite completely. Just thinking about food will make me vomit. So i just ask my husband to get me food that js generally safe (not too spicy, pungent or too flavourful) for me. And i just ate the food without thinking.

Read more
VIP Member

I feel this too. Super hungry, but the thoughts of some food makes me gag at times. I drink more water so i dont feel so hungry. Or i just eat salted biscuit. Sometimes i feel like crying because of hunger. We’ll get through it

1y ago

I'm drinking vitagen to help too. but not all flavours are good for me

Hi!! Its q normal for first trimester but you will def have your appetite back once you hit the second!