is chiropractic adjustment ok?

I'm in week 6 now. Having strained collarbone and shoulder. So, i had wanted to visit the chiropractor for adjustment next week to adjust the shoulder and collarbone, perhaps the neck too. I am receptive to chiropractic adjustment. But both my mum and husband are not. Anyone done such before?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm initially I thought not but looking at this.. https://www.chiropractic-first.org/our-services/pregnancy/ seems like first trimester also can go. I went to this centre before and didn’t know they have prenatal care. Consult your gynae and get a green light first. I do dread generic, unhelpful comments like ‘consult your gynae’ but sometimes professionals’ opinions matter best. I’d try a prenatal massage first to see the gentler solution helps or not before heading to chiro if I were you.

Read more
4y ago

Guess I'll wait till my next consultation first. Hope my doc will be open to chiro. Cos it will definitely be helpful in the long run.

I went during my 2nd trim, upon checking with my gynae. Her advice was, the chiro must be confident to treat me (preg). Else, no. The chiro was good and able to address my issues and complications as I have scoliosis. Had immediate relief and a good night's rest! Chiro shared that it's not recommended to go in 3rd trim ok!

Read more
4y ago

I'm not too sure how confident my usual chiro is for preg. Hope she is good in treating preg.

VIP Member

Better not!

Better not