First trimester - do you eat whenever you are hungry?

I'm in my first tri now, around 5 weeks pregnant. I find myself hungry even after dinner, not sure if I should be having supper? Or healthier to stick to 3 meals per day and stop eating after dinner? Thank you!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nope I try to eat as usual. Anyways I think I even ate half of what i usually do due to Morn sickness, but baby still grow v well. If u ate more only you will get fatter haha. You only need to start eating slightly more during your 2nd-3rd trimester, and that is if your doctor says your baby weight is not growing enough. But then what I said above is need. Nothing to do with want. Just eat if you want, but in moderation! And choose healthy food!

Read more

Eat whenever you are hungry, while you can. I could eat normally in Week 5 till morning sickness kicked in which caused me to lose weight so dont think you should worry if you eat more than 3 meals as long as you gain weight healthily and steadily, same with baby. But can check with your gynae if it's ok to do so cos he/she will know best.

Read more