Fever during 36 weeks 3 days

Im having fever, cough and running nose during 36 weeks and 3 days. Is it safe for me to eat cough syrup and panadol? Or should i go to the hospital instead? Cos this month is my ninth month.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I'm 36 weeks 3 days today 🤭 anyway, it's safe to take panadol but just take only 1 instead of 2; as prescribed by my KKH gynae and the doctors at NUH when i was hospitalised a few months ago. With regards to the cough syrup, best to consult your doctor/gynae. If anything, you could try drinking homemade honey lemon water. Syafakillah and all the best, mummy ❤️

Read more
TapFluencer

i got paranoid each time i suddenly cough or running nose. u cn try this remedy for cough, abit of honey+chop garlic. medicine wise, i tak berani nk makan sembrg2. anyway, dont need go hospital cn try go GP first. besides that, i do use the covid test to makesure all is fine. i pray for ur recovery soon ok. semoga dipermudahkan ❤

Read more
2y ago

Thank u sis🤍 anws yesterday i dah try do the ART test and it’s negative bcos smlm is my kkh appointment

I’ve never taken any medicine thru out my entire pregnancy as I’m allergic to paracetamol. For cough & flu I just make warm/hot honey with a slice of lemon and take it till I feel well. For fever, if you can take Panadol, go for the most basic ones. I did my ART test as well to make sure I’m safe. :)

Read more

the normal panadol (without the "extra" etc) is fine. but avoid cough syrup unless it's prescribed by doctor who knows you are pregnant. there are some active cough syrup ingredients that we cannot take. feel better and have a safe delivery soon!