Elective C-section

I'm will be having my elective c-section on this coming Monday, 22 Apr.. and i am feeling very very scared of the whole procedure.. worried if i will feel pain etc.. can any mummy share your experience on your first c-section. many thanks!!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just had a c-sec at mount e novena last month. Similar experience with Hui Fen. You can check in after midnight if you have the ops in the morning but I chose to sleep at home (better slp) and travelled to the hospital early morning. Hospital sent me a message to arrive 4h earlier at the business centre. It was not crowded when i arrived around 7am. My ops was scheduled at 11am. My gynae visited me around 8/9am and the nurse prepared me for the ops (shave some pubic hair) around 10am. On the way to the ops threatre, i cried a bit as I was nervous. I did not have pain during the ops and heard my bb cries after 20 min from the start of the ops. Husband cut the umbilical cord and PD checked the bb. Nurse then brought the baby to me for skin to skin while gynae stitched me up. Soon, the nurse brought my husband and bb back to the ward as the stitching will take a while. Surgery ended around 12+ and i had to spend 45 min at the recovery ward. I was sent back tomy ward just before 2pm. I was bedridden for the 1st night and when gynae checked me the next morning, i was ready to get off the drip and was told to urine within a few hours. Had to inform nurse as they wanted to measure the urine level. I wore an abdominal binder after the surgery but saw rashes 2 days later. Thus, i stopped wearing it. I took the painkiller my gynae gave and felt just mild pain. I tried not to bend or carry heavy things the first few days. C-sec is nothing compared to breastfeeding. I struggled because my newborn was feeling sleepy. The nurse would remind me to wake baby up and feed him every 3h. During the last 2 nights, i had difficulties breastfeed bb and nurse and lactation consultant were helping me. I will advise that you get a lactation consultant or nurse to be around so that you can ensure that you get the basic rights.

Read more