IUI or IVF

I'm going for fertility check. Not sure if given a choice, iui or ivf will be better as many say iui not successful.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Trust your Gynae as he/she knows and will suggest the best and suitable one for you. I went with my Gynae’s suggestion to try IUI first (two month turning to 37yrs old), if it’s unsuccessful then can try IVF. I am very blessed that I managed to conceived on the first IUI. Delivered my first child at the age of 37. LO coming to 3 yrs old soon. 😊 There is successful pregnancies for IUI too 😊

Read more

Depends on your case. And of course you’ll have a choice. It will be your decision to make. IUIs are not as invasive as IVFs. So lesser medication, lesser pain, lesser time per cycle, lesser costs. But also lower success rate than IVFs. I went through 2 unsuccessful IUIs before deciding to move on to IVF. Generally doctors recommend trying around 3-4 IUIs befire considering IVFs.

Read more

Ofcourse IVF is better. But doctors would usually recommend to do IUI first if you are still young. Also depends on other factors like AMH (ovarian reserve), hubby’s sperm quality etc. Once you’ve done all the necessary tests, the doctor can better advise you on the next step.

trust ur doc. but hear ivf has more success rate