Sciatica Pain

I'm going to be 24 weeks from next Monday onwards. I'm suffering from severe sciatica pain especially more at my right side. The pain radiates from the butt all the way to the thigh kind of nerve pulling. Anyone experiencing this? Very difficult to get on the bed, turn and to even sit down. I can't even lie down straight on the bed. Don't know how I'm gg to to lie down straight for my upcoming scans all. Will this pain go away after delivery? #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can try going for physio for pregnant women. The therapist will massage your tense muscle and do some stretching. You will feel sore for a few days. I used to go every alternate weeks during my early 2nd trimester. Eventually it got better so I stopped going. Currently I’m at my 3rd trimester. Occasionally I still do have pain if I walk too much. For me the pain goes away the next day. So I didn’t book any appointment for physio.

Read more

I’m going through the same 😭 since week 6 up till week 12 now. Idk how much longer this pain will stay but mine is on the left side. Gynae told me there’s nothing much she can do for me and told me to just try panadol first but DOESNT WORK AT ALL! i’m going for a massage next week hopefully it helps to ease the pain. Jiayou mommy! ♥️

Read more
2y ago

I had sciatica during my 1st and early 2nd trimester. It was hell for me. Try go for physio. It works for me. As the therapist know which muscle to target unlike pre natal massage.

I can't remember when I started having this pain too, but very sure was around first trim. now going week 29 and I'm still struggling with it. gynae and tcm all said normal due to tummy getting bigger & will go away after delivery. but yes, very frustrating pain.

I’m also having this pain on my left butt since 3 weeks ago 😢 there’s nth much the doc can do except taking panadol which I refuse to. I tried to do some walking at least 3 times a week and it kinda elevate the pain for a bit. Jiayou mama

Should try Chiropractic session. had mine since 24 weeks monthly basis . & so far the best decision i made! When to see Danny from Corrective theraphy

2y ago

Not at all.. just be sure the chiropractor is used / exprience to adjust pregnant mummies !

yes because the uterus weight sits on the nerves, perhaps yours is more towards the right. so yes once the weight is gone, your pain will be relieved

2y ago

yes I really hope so