Kotex panties during hospital stay

Im ftm. Just entered 3rd trim, starting to list down things to bring to hospital. Noted that hospital will provide disposable panties & maternity pad after delivery but is there any mummies that use kotex overnight panites during your hospital stay ? Is it better? Is it suitable for csec too ? (Incase i need to go for csec) #firsttimemom #pleasehelp

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes please bring the kotex overnight ones they are so helpful and easy to put on and rip off. The ones they gave u have to use disposable underwear (quite rough imo) and then the pad which is very troublesome. But I have seen some mummies say that it was a bit uncomfy to use the overnight underwear when they got c sect. Maybe can still use but have to lower down the band to avoid the incision part

Read more

I brought 1 piece to use during discharge day. During hospital stay, nurses will change for me so I just used what they provided. Kotex overnight panties is way comfortable compared to maternity pads, I used it after birth till I stopped bleeding. It is soft enough, so I think it will be suitable for Csect too. Just fold it down if you’re afraid that it’s gonna touch your wound.

Read more

The hospital ones aren't comfortable at all. I had Csect and bck then I dint know abt the kotex panties. This time rd I'll definitely gonna wear it even if im gg for another csect as it's so much comfortable Been wearing it during my travels too. So far I'm wearing 1 size bigger and it is well above my incision scar

Read more

yes it was MUCH better for me because the hospital disposable panties was super loose for me. i used it throughout my stay and even post discharge at home for the lochia.

kotex panties is really nice. hospital pad and disposable panties is very loose and uncomfortable. especially it leaks..... I'd seriously go for kotex panties again.

YESSSA I SWEAR BY IT hahahaha it was so helpful even after my 3 day stay at hospital. I used it for 2 weeks during the heavy bleeding.

Definitely the overnight panties are much comfy! Highly recommended! I did csect and it didn’t cause any discomfort to my wound

TapFluencer

i used those maternity pads provided by tmc, then switched to the usual menstrual pads back home

not to worri so much. u can use for after czer too. The nurses will help u around with it.

What are the other options if their XL is just slightly too small for you?? 😩

11mo ago

Kotex biggest size is XL. might have to bring own disposable panties and pads if can't fit. or maybe can wear adult diapers temporarily. nothing to be ashamed about