Chances of miscarriage at 3rd trim

Im a ftm, just entered 3rd trim, will be having my baby in sept. Not a day goes by that i dont fear suddenly having a miscarriage. Since the day i got to know im pregnant till now, even when baby is active and kicking hard, i cant brush of the fear and overthinking of anytime we can have a miscarriage. So far all blood test, scans are fine. What are the chances of having a miscarriage in 3rd trim? Is it very slim ? How do i brush of the thought and think positive that baby will be fine and i will deliver a healthy baby. 😣😣 And nope ive never had miscarriage before, this is my first pregnancy. #FTM

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try not to think so much about the negative stuffs. Know that God knows what is best. It’s important to fill your mind with positive stuffs like talking to your baby, ask he/she to grow up strong and healthy, you can’t wait to see her/him etc. I know sometimes it’s not easy not to fear but since your scans etc are fine, don’t need worry. The more you worry sometimes the worst happens. The more you take it naturally, just take care of yourself mentally and physically, the more you attract the positive things. So do yourself and your baby a favour, don’t think about bad stuffs. Count your blessings. Talk to your spouse or trusted friends about your worries. :) Have a good and safe pregnancy

Read more

like you I carry the fear too (survivor of 2 losses). but one day as usual worried about losing baby, my brain suddenly responded in my baby's voice - "mummy can you please have some confidence in me, you are hurting me by thinking like that" #truestory so since then I changed my narrative, I talk to baby that she is super strong, and she is going to get through everything no matter what.

Read more

hi! I had the exact same fear till baby was in my arms 😄to ease my fears I would talk to the baby, rub my belly and count kicks (I was a high risk pregnancy and the doc gave me a chart to monitor kicks hourly). I understand the risk is less than 5% after week 13 (generally). factors like age, smoking or not, gestational diseases, play an important part how high the miscarriage risk is.

Read more

I think it's normal to have that fear. Don't worry too much mummy. if all the tests, scans and gynae visits r okay then try to reaasure urself and think of the positive. continue to count those kicks. keep urself happy and look forward to having a happy baby.

I know what u mean. I carried the fear till the day my baby arrived. Kept reminding myself about happy thoughts. I also talked a lot to my baby, telling her how much I look forward to meeting her. Take care and all the very best!

dont think so much! u will be fine and yes talking to baby will help u. i found myself talking to baby more in the later stage, and feel her kicks getting stronger. u will get there, all the best for ur delivery!

I won’t say there is no chance, but if you have had miscarried before maybe that’s why you are thinking about the worse case. Talk to your baby and try to do that. Baby knows how much you love him/her.

i was exactly the same, so u are not alone. if u are of faith, pray to God for peace and assurance. and i agree that talking to the baby helps :)

Talk to your baby time to time. It helps me. Hope you have a safe delivery 😊

have you had a miscarriage before?

10mo ago

Nope