Return of period postpartum

I’m exclusively pumping, but as I am not fully breastfeeding, I’m expecting my period to return in the 6 month post partum. What how does the discharge look like pre mensus? Sorry if this question seems silly but I haven’t had mensus in so long

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Samesies! lots and lots if discharge didnt think much and suddenly bam lots of cramping and blood. worse period ever kind of feeling. I got my period at the 16 th month but noticed that i dropped feeds to every six hours when it happened. but seriously so much icky discharge for days and days urgh

Mine returned at 9 months after I dropped my pumps. I had quite a few days of quite a lot of wet and clear discharge, kinda similar to ovulation discharge, except tt suddenly my period came instead. Not sure if others have the same experience

1mo ago

9 months after I gave birth hahaha, sorry wasn't clear

I exclusively breastfeed but mine returned around 3months pp. I had clear discharge (ovulation) for a few days first. A week later I had my period. It bled like crazy the first 3-4 days lol. Next cycle same thing also.

1mo ago

Wow, i think 3 months is very fast for an exclusively breastfeeding mum