Non stop kicks & movements

Im currently 6 months preggy and realised past few days, at times, baby’s kicks and movements has been non stop for few or atleast 5 mins. Like literally nonstop aggresive movements and kicks. Altho i love the movements, part of me starts to overthink if baby is ok like is baby struggling inside or something or if the umbilical code is tangled around the neck etc 😅 Is it normal ? #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

33 weeks pregnant now and I have the same worries. I read a few articles that state fetal movements should decrease around 30 weeks due to lack of space but my baby has always been active throughout the day that I don’t bother doing kick counts 😂 I think the general rule of thumb is go to the doctor if there’s an abnormal pattern i.e active baby noticeably becomes inactive or inactive baby becomes noticeably active. I was recording my tummy movements to show my husband and was surprised when I realised it was exceeding the 5 mins mark but it’s a normal feeling to me so I try not to stress over it. (:

Read more

5 minutes? 😆 wait til your baby kicks you and somersaults in your tummy the entire night while you're trying to sleep~ Normally, an active baby is a healthy baby. I read online that babies getting wrapped around the umbilical cord is common (rarely a problem) and even so, this would prolly lead to a decrease in fetal movement instead rather than an overly active baby. 😆

Read more

Sounds normal! I just got into 3rd trimester and baby has been actively kicking and wiggling inside a lot. And I had the same worries as you. Haha. But it seems like it is normal.

Hi, This sounds normal as during some time of the day, babies get very active in womb. So don’t worry it should be fine

when the baby kicks, that means I gotta eat... if nit the kicking is continous