Still nauseous at 2nd trimester

I'm currently at 14 weeks 5 days and still feeling nauseous without vomiting. It is so frustrating. On top of that, I'm also having the weird taste after drinking or eating. The body feels weak too. Any suggestions how do I overcome this?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I am 24 weeks and I am still suffering from morning sickness. Every single pregnancy is different so don’t be frustrated! What helped me was an anti nausea pill given by my obgyn called Diclectin which is a Grade A medication that is completely safe for mom and baby (you can google this). I take it once a day before I sleep and I can go about my day completely normal and eat well etc. I find that eating well is important in pregnancy and highly recommend this!

Read more

For me i easily have a stuck in throat feeling which i will feel better after forcing myself to puke out cos i can nv get rid the stuck in throat feeling, even after eating sweets/sour stuffs. So i just puke till i feel better. The aftertaste bit is different. Had to live with it cos the more tings i eat to cover it, the next food gives a brand new aftertaste that sticks too. Lol.

Read more

As uncomfortable as it is, vomitting it out helps. I'll rinse my mouth and get something cold to drink. If I can't vomit, I'll chew on something sweet or sour to get my mind off. I'm 8 months now and I still feel naseous and vomit from time to time.

I have had nausea and vomitting all the way until my 3rd trimester. Now I'm at 36 weeks and it is not that bad, but still comes back every now and then.

I'm same as you 😭 hopefully we will get better soon. I can't stand drinking water even... so scared I'm dehydrated

2y ago

At 17 weeks today, the weird taste is gone. 😊 Hopefully you will be better soon.

VIP Member

Drink plain water, sweets drinks will make the after taste worse.

I always had some sour plums to help.