I'm on my confinement period now and breastfeeding my LO. Every time my milk will leak till my shirt is wet. I feel uncomfortable wearing bra so I did not use on breastpad. Anyway stop the milk from leaking ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is NO way to stop leaking because it is a reflex let-down. U can either put Breast pad and change it often, or collect the leaked milk whether u choose to collect it in a Breast shell collection or to use something like a hakaa "pump" to collect the leak milk or even directly into a small cup for storage if it is a lot. Whenever it's the hour, when u relax, when baby cries and u are quite full, when baby latches, when u pump, there will be the let down and it is a good thing. Baby will be encouraged to latch more if u have more let down and generally it reflects a ok milk supply. If no let down, then it is problematic

Read more

If you're on confinement then I assume your baby is less than one month. In the first few weeks, it's normal to leak. Your body is figuring out how much milk your LO takes, it's called regulating your supply. Your milk production should settle down by week 6 ish and you'll probably leak less. Although, some mums will always leak! Don't pump yet. Just direct latch your baby when they want. If you pump now, your body will think baby is taking more then s/he actually is, and your milk will regulate incorrectly and there's a danger that you'll get engorged.

Read more

By the way, it is highly advisable to wear bra and put Breast pad (change it often) whether disposable or the reusable or just put a hankie to soak the up also can. It's for ur breast health to wear bra especially now so that ur boobs are much heavier and during bf journey and throughout the day it will change in size - u need proper support - otherwise it will add to the sagging soon too

Read more

There is no way to stop the leaking, but you can try to minimize the leaking. Either you latch baby more often or pump more often that will help with the leakage as well.

Get the bra tops from Uniqlo, and just place a nursing pad at each side. Their bra tops are really comfortable :)

I wore the bra top and place nursing pads too. But I buy from qoo10 coz cheaper haha.