Tuna from polar puff and delifrance

I'm 6 weeks pregnant now. Can I eat the tuna puff/bread from polar puffs and delifrance? They are my favourite! And there is delifrance outlet at KKH, very tempted to buy tuna baguette after appt!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did take canned tuna during pregnancy as a mid day snack but very infrequently. Actually different species of tuna has different levels of mercury in them. I personally think infrequent consumption is fine but if you're worried, opt for smaller fish. I know it's hard to tell what type canned tuna they use at delifrance 😅 Maybe try the mayo chicken instead? :) https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mercury-in-tuna

Read more

I don’t think it is an issue. Throughout my pregnancy, I had a craving for tuna bread, puffs and croissants. I’d buy 1 to eat every time I went to TMC for my gynae checkup at the Delifrance near the hospital lobby. I offloaded in mid Jun and my boy’s 4.5 months, looking all healthy and happy.

VIP Member

Best to avoid as tuna has higher mercury level than other fishes. Go for salmon or smaller fishes like kuning fish instead.

Tuna is high in mercury and should be avoided by pregnant women especially that you're still in the early stage.

No , maybe not the right time yet