Hows pregnancy experience on 1st trimester at 40s

Im 39 yrs old and on my 7 weeks. My tummy is bigger for 7weeks because of so many gas which makes it feels and looks bloated. I also feel its getting hard at night when sleeping. Anyone feels the same?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Yes babe! I had my 2nd at the age of 40! As your body produces more progesterone to support your pregnancy, progesterone relaxes muscles in your body. This includes the muscles of your intestine. Slower moving intestine muscles mean that your digestion slows down. This allows gas to build up, which in turn leads to bloating, burping, and flatulence. Drink plenty of water, aim for at least 10 glasses per day. Do not take carbonated drinks. Physical activity and exercise should be a part of your daily routine. If you can’t make it to a gym, add a daily walk to your routine. Aim to walk or exercise for at least 30 minutes. Try removing potential food triggers from your diet one at a time, until your gas symptoms improve. It’s recommended that you continue to eat a balanced diet while doing any form of elimination diet. Weight gain is necessary for most pregnancies, so it’s important to avoid restrictive diets. That way, you’re only eliminating foods that are contributing to the problem. Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, wheat, and potatoes are common gas culprits! Try including 25 to 30 grams of high fiber foods into your diet to help ease gas concerns. Many fruits, such as prunes, figs, and bananas, and vegetables as well as whole grains like oats and flax meal are all good fiber boosters to consider. If you’re not a fan of high fiber foods, or you’re looking for a quick and easy alternative, ask your doctor about whether a fiber supplement might help you.

Read more

I was 39 when I conceived my 3rd and was at 7th week too when I turn 40 and I had all that, including heartburn and it was really agonising that I took small doses of Gaviscon to ease them until I got into nausea and vomitting phase from Wk10 to wk15.. Moving forward now at wk18 I am still having refluxes so I guess its my digestion working slower than usual and I am having better appetite, I am hoping to get out of it totally too, but as day goes by I just know when I need to vomit the bitter acid out to feel better,and I just embrace it and do it. I guess it's not just age, it's every different pregnant body. Do some light exercise like walking some distance, slowly, in 15mins to 30mins to work on our muscles. I felt better from walking and taking fresh air during first trimester. Bring water along and take sips when u stop. Also go on very small non greasy non spicy meals frequently so ur digestion can work better. We can do it momma!

Read more

I'm now turning 40 this July preggy with my no.8th in my 3rd trimester due soon in march🤗

thank you very much for replying n sharing your journey. its give me more courage that I can do it ❤

2y ago

Conceived my 2nd child at 39, giving birth in May at 40. My 1st girl is 16.. HAHAHAHA!