Had some discomfort on the left and right side of the tummy last night, at week 9. Is that normal?

The discomfort feels like stitches when you run after a meal. I also feel like my tummy is bigger but it's only week 9 so that's not possible right?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh, mama, those early weeks can bring all sorts of surprises, can't they? It's totally normal to feel some discomfort in your tummy during pregnancy, especially around week 9. That feeling you described, like stitches after a meal, is quite common. It's often due to your growing uterus putting pressure on your ligaments and muscles, causing that stretching sensation. As for your tummy feeling bigger already, it might seem surprising, but it's actually quite common too! Your body is going through so many changes to accommodate your little one, and some bloating and a slightly fuller tummy can definitely happen early on. Remember, every pregnancy is unique, so there's no one-size-fits-all answer here. To ease the discomfort, try taking things a bit easier after meals, avoid heavy lifting or sudden movements, and consider wearing some comfy maternity wear that supports your growing belly. And of course, don't hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider if the discomfort becomes persistent or severe. Hang in there, mama! You're doing great, and before you know it, you'll be holding your precious little one in your arms. 💕 Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I would suggest you check with you Gynea. For my case, I had light spotting previously and my tummy was significantly bigger for 7-9 weeks. I ended up with a miscarriage in early pregnancy. If other signs of pregnancy seem off (e.g my breast were very sore but suddenly I don’t feel the soreness and I don’t feel so hungry like I used to) then it maybe better to go for a check up. If you feel something amiss, no harm for a quick scan. If you are better and the symptoms subsides then maybe it is nothing to worry about.

Read more

should be fine!! ive encountered many different type of pain throughtout & me and my bb is fine!🩵 stay strong!!

I do have similar experiences as you too.. After a while it will ease off. I guess it's fine so long no bleeding.

TapFluencer

🙏💕

💕