Cervix not dilated at all..

Im 37wk4d today and i thought my baby has dropped as ive been feeling more pressure. To my surprise, doc said my cervix is still closed…not even 1cm dilated….i was kinda disappointed. Any mummies used to be like me but still popped before EDD? my EDD is 5 Aug. And any tips to fasten the process? TIA

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You still have time. Let baby cook longer hehe. I gave birth at 38+ weeks for my first and there are moms who gave birth even past their EDD. Baby may have dropped but not necessarily engaged in the pelvis. I read eating 4-6 dates every day helps. Keep on walking, do labour encouraging exercises and if you are into it, sex.

Read more

Same as me... My EDD is on 06/08.. Went for my appt on 18th, doc said cervix not open yet... Baby very active inside, can feel baby moving all over e place.. Pelvic area feels lotsa pressure whenever I get up n walk..

2y ago

Me too, next appt will be on 26th at NUH... I'm praying hard there will be dilation already...🤲

VIP Member

try doing half squats 10 to 20 times a day(paced at ur comfort level) :) my baby was engaged but cervix not open yet, after doing squats consecutively, baby came out on 38th week . hope this helps 🥰

Eat around 7 dates each day. Thats what i did! I ate 3-5 dates once i hit 7 months and Started to increase to 7 dates when i was 37 weeks and Gave birth at 37wk 3 days.

2y ago

Do you eat all 7 at once or can I eat 7 throughout the day?

When i was reaching my EDD last year I tried raspberry tea, squats, walking b4 my EDD but till 40w it still closed. End up induced coz my bp was high.

the fastest and most natural way is intercourse. the semen is said to relax the cervix.