Hospital bag?

Hello, I'm 34 weeks pregnant.. was wondering when to start packing the hospital bag? And what should i bring? ??

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pack when you are free.m; just so that you have one less thing to think of. Below is a list my friend shared with me which I use it for my packing. Hope it help you too. Hospital bag checklist Important Documents - [x] Admission letter from your gynae - [ ] Prenatal receipts (totalling at least $900, for your MediSave claims) - [x] NRIC - [x] Credit card - [ ] Your marriage certificate (if you're registering your baby's birth cert at the hospital) Clothes and Personal Toiletries - [x] A cardigan (especially if you get cold easily) - [x] A pair of socks - [x] Disposable underwear  - [ ] Personal toiletries : facial wash, body foam, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc - [x] Basic cosmetics (for when guests visit - I packed only eyebrow pencil and lipstick) - [x] A pack of wet wipes to clean your body - [x] Mobile charger, charger for reader - [x] A pack of maternity pads - [ ] Cooling perineal spray (Earthmama is the most popular, but it didn't work for me) - [x] Binder Breastfeeding essentials - [ ] Breast pump - [x] Breast pads - [x] A stretchy nursing bra (wireless) - [ ] 2 x sterile, disposable syringes (to collect your colostrum) - [x] Nipple shield (to latch your baby with even while you nurse sore nipples) - [x] Nipple cream Other optional breastfeeding items to bring would be lactation cookies and/or nursing tea. I had cookies from Singapore Lactation Bakes (SLB) with me to kickstart my milk supply. For your baby - [x] A romper, or any going-home outfit - [x] Swaddle blanket - [x] Mittens and socks For your husband - [x] Mobile charger - [ ] Some snacks and drinks, or cup noodles - [x] 2 - 3 sets of clothes and underwear - [x] Personal toiletries

Read more
Super Mum

Now’s a good time to start packing. Heh. Bring your IC/husband’s IC Delivery documents given by the hospital One set of clothes for you +/- nursing bra and nursing pads One set of clothes for baby Phone/charger +/- wallet +/- Toiletries +/- Nursing cushion (you’ll have pillows to support, but pillows + nursing cushion allowed me to have at least 1 hand free. Heh) Some people ask about breast pumps, but I personally do not recommend bringing that because you’ll only have a bit of colostrum initially, and that should go straight into baby’s mouth rather than being wasted by going into the pump bottle (everytime you transfer milk, some of it gets wasted)

Read more
7mo ago

thank you. this list helps me too 🙏

May I ask what delivery documents do u have? I’m in my 34th week too but I don’t receive any delivery documents yet so far

3mo ago

ur gynae may give u the admission doc at ur next appt. mine was given at week 35. it states the details of ur delivery e.g. natural or csec etc so the hospital will prepare accordingly.

Me too im 34 weeks but i admited early due to early bleeding n its from my low plcnta yah i have low plcnta (:

12mo ago

So now im waiting for the weeks to deliver my 2nd born bby boy

bigay ng fren ko na nanganak.. might help you

Post reply image
3y ago

ay uu nga mamsh.. screenshot m nlng po