Glucose Test

Hi! im 34 weeks pregnant and i realised that i didn't take any glucose test? is it normal?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you should take it, ask your gynae to refer you for the test. it is optional but recommended to take to ensure no pregnancy diabetes. cos pregnancy diabetes can cause complications in the baby if it is high and undetected. alternatively, you can purchase a glucometer from a pharmacy with the test strips and do a test yourself to ensure no GD. Make sure you prick yourself and do one test strip first after fasting for 8hrs, then eat something unhealthy and extremely sweet if you don't have the glucose drink and take another test 1-2hrs later. that's what my gynae advise me to do

Read more

I missed my appt for that and when i make another appt turns out i cant go as im covid positive . Ended up i totally missed that appt for my third pregnancy .

are u in SG? for SG usually will take glucose test btw 24-28 weeks. it is quite an impt test as GD will affect u and ur baby. better to check with ur gynae

4mo ago

pls ask ur gynae for the test! i nv seen anyone skipped the test. i have a friend who eats really healthy yet she got GD!! this is no joke.

It’s optional, I didn’t take it too.