Hospitalization Leave

I’m 27 weeks right now and I have been experiencing backaches and swollen feet. My workplace is also really far from home and it’s getting really tiring for me to commute. Almost using up my MC entitlement as on some days, I really find it hard to get out of bed as my body always feels tired. Any idea if I can request for HL in my case? I’m a subsidized patient in KKH.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I suppose if they feel serious enough mayb they would? Why not ask to wfh? Or your job doesnt allow so? When i had bleeding and tear nuh only issued me mc for 2 days. After which some time later my gynae felt my fluid was low and not ideal to him then he issued me a total of 1 mth hl (2 wks and another 2wks after) I tink next wk onwards my dept also starting to work in ofc. Like you, my ofc is seriously far from home and alot of walking if i do not hitch. For me because i had alot of issues from start till now so not sure if i would be exempted from going back. Otherwise i was planning to check if my gynae could help me write a letter to wfh. 😂 but i dun expect it would really happen.

Read more

I was a subsidised patient under KKH too and I was given HL at 37 weeks when I explained/broke down to the doctor about work. First doctor was reluctant to give me HL as she said only if you have a complication or condition that would grant you the HL or if you get hospitalised. But thankfully the doctor was understanding about my difficulties at work I.e conducting PE lessons with my huge tummy. But then i think 27 weeks is too early to give out HL so perhaps like what the other mums say, you should try request for wfh if possible! Hang it there!

Read more
3y ago

Yeah, i’m teaching too! So sometimes it gets really hard. ☹️ WFH might not be possible i guess? Really have to hang it there!

I had bleeding twice at work (teaching). ordered on bed rest. hence I am now on HL and no pay leave. Please request for HL to prevent such things from happening.

You should ask for work from home.

VIP Member

Ask them if u can work from home?

request to wfh

probably ask for WFH

3y ago

I’m teaching, so not quite sure if working from home is possible or not 😕