air compression leg massager/ compression sock

I'm 23 Weeks pregnant now and I'm having fluid retention on my feet it been 4 days and I went to see a doctor to take blood test but while waiting for test result out may I know can I use air compression leg massager to ease my feet swelling? Or you all will suggest compression socks instead? May I know how do I buy a compression socks any recommendation?

air compression leg massager/ compression sock
15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Please don’t use a leg massager. Pregnant mummies are more prone to having blood clots in your legs (DVT), and if there’s a clot there, the massager may dislodge the clot and send it up to your lungs, causing breathing problems. It might be difficult to put on the stockings too due to the swelling. For me, I just raised my legs whenever I was sitting/lying down.

Read more
2y ago

yea.. not sure how sever is urs. During my 1st pregancy my swelling is mainly due to pro-long sitting, so what I do is I try to elevate my leg when I seated and during sleep. In the day when I m working I will try to move about more like stand up and walk ard every 1 HR plus to 2 HR and that helps

nagkaganyan den ako eh pero ang ginawa ko nilakad lakad ko lang sya and then rest tapos naka ventilate mga paa natuwid lang sya pataas habang ako nakahiga and then ayun kinabukasan balik na sa normal. I'm 23weeks pregnant also. i hope makatulong po sayo mamshiee get well soon

VIP Member

It may leads to water retention, better to drink plenty of water and bit of walking will help for u also keep ur let bit higher , keep ur leg on some pillow .. it will helpful for u , take care

On my 20 week I have water retention. My leg more swollen than your from shoe size 36 to 40 now. Wear compression sock help abit but then need to keep wearing. I didn’t that why keep swollen

Drink more water and take less salty stuff. I am in my 36 week alrdy and havent experience water retention.

3y ago

massage can help and ease the pressure but you need to drink a lot of water and avoid salty food. also do some walking sizzy

You can try soaking your feet with Epsom salt. Just make sure to dry your feet properly once you’re done to avoid any slippage.

hi u may like to ask doctor if u can soak ur feet in warm water before sleep? it helps in swelling and promote sleep

I wear compression socks and it works perfectly well for me. I wear compression sock thur out my working hours.

7mo ago

may i know what brand and length did you used?

VIP Member

I used Dr scholl's compression leggings thru both pregnancies and elevated my legs as much as possible

I soak my feet in bath salts and it works very well! Plus point to pamper n moisturiser tired feet