Exclusively Pumping

I was wondering if there are any mums out there who are exclusively pumping. The reason for EP is due to my fear of breastfeeding, I was traumatised the first time round, just did not like the feeling. It is getting kind of tedious and tough pumping, washing and storing and at times I just wanna give up and use formula. Cld any EP mums share on their pumping schedules and ways to make the entire journey bearable🙇🏻‍♀️ How long did u manage to EP etx

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

EP mum here. Currently still EP-ing at 14mo and continuing till my supply drops till non existent. For me, the hardest part for EP is not the pumping but the lack of sleep. Regardless of direct latch or EP, you’re definitely gonna lose sleep. After your body gets used to it, EP is pretty much smooth. Just clear your boobs regularly (also control certain food intake) and you can avoid mastitis. I’ve had numerous episodes of mastitis because I kept eating mala 😅. First 6 months: 3 hourly 6m ~ 10m: 4~4.5 hourly 10m ~ 12m: 5~5.5 hourly 12 months: afternoon 12pm once, midnight 12am once. If your flange size is correct, pumping shouldn’t hurt. If you feel that breastfeeding is taking a toll on you, it’s totally fine to feed formula. I’m sure most of us were formula fed as well right? :) Don’t bother about those who are full of talks, they are not the ones lacking sleep, washing and feeding. Do what you think is the best and comfortable for yourself.

Read more
1y ago

thanks!

thanks for your qn i get to tompang see the reply