Pre eclampsia test

Hi all. I was informed by my doctor that my test result shows high risk of pre eclampsia and baby growth restriction. I will take aspirin to reduce the risks. Is this common among all mummies? Can I still have a healthy baby? Is it because of our food intake? Thank you! #advicepls #pregnancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! It’s not common but it’s good that you have this test done & know it early. The aspirin is to help reduce / delay the pre eclampsia. I knew I had high risk of pre eclampsia at wk13 and also had to take aspirin. You can read up on pre eclampsia online. It’s not due to anything you eat or do. It’s genes I guess. I end up having pre eclampsia at wk34 (considered late onset) and was warded for observation for 2 weeks & induce at wk36. My baby was born small (due to Pre eclampsia) but is very healthy. I considered myself lucky because it came at wk34 vs some didn’t know they had such risk and the pre eclampsia suddenly came & they had to emergency csect way earlier . So now that you know you have it, I would suggest monitor ur bp regularly (I measure mine daily at tri3). Don’t worry, everything will be fine. Your gynae will take care of you

Read more
3y ago

Hi! My normal bp is 120/80, but when come wk34 my bp suddenly jump to 140++. The key is that the reading is consistently high. If it’s just 1 reading, u relax and retake again 1hr later. Ironically, when I’m at gynae clinic, my bp is always very good (normal range), but when I measure myself at home, it goes haywire. Hence I feel is impt to monitor at home too. So when I report my readings to my gynae, she took a blood test /urine test, that’s when it comes back with the diagnosis . Share with ur gynae on the side effect u are facing on the aspirin and see what they advise . Good luck & don’t worry ok? Worrying does nothing but make ur bp high only.