Recurring BV - Clindamycin Antibiotics

I was given Flagystatin pessary when my gynae first detected Gardnerella and yeast infection in me about 4 weeks ago. Went through 10 days of antibiotics and BV still came back once I stopped medication. He’s now prescribed me with a new course of antibiotics - Clindamycin, for 7 days. I’m honestly not keen to go through another round of antibiotics as I’m worried about the long-term effects it’ll have on the baby. Just wondering if any mummies out there went through something similar and whether the antibiotics helped stop their BV?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

erm did you stop the first course of antibiotics early? supposed to finish the entire course. i’m sure your gynae is aware of the medicine effects and this should be safe for pregnant mummies to take. the infection staying in your body will have a more detrimental/worse impact, may even pass the bacterial infection to your baby if you don’t take medication as prescribed.

Read more
2y ago

Yes, I completed the entire course the first time I got it. 😅 Thank you for the advice! 🙏🏽

I was tested postive for BV today at week 13. can I check how long did you had that antibiotic for ? were you eventually cleared off ? I'm very hesitant to eat antibiotics as I'm not sure on the impact to baby. would it be better off to skip the antibiotic totally ?