No scan for subsidised patients

I am a subsidised patient at KKH. May I ask why do we need to see the doctor when they don't scan and jus ask how are you feeling? When you say all ok, nothing up, they jus give you the next appointment. Don't mean to be rude. If no scan and I'm feeling well, why do you need to see the doctor when they don't even scan baby every time you go?#advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Unless you have a risky pregnancy, you won't get a scan on every visit. BUT gynae will always do a routine check to hear your baby's heartbeat, measure your belly and do a cervix check on the last stage. I've had 4 healthy pregnancies all under subsidies and my 5th was a risky pregnancy which can make me go to preterm labour at anytime on my last stage, also under subsidies and I had scans on every visits to make sure everything is ok inside. I gave birth in NUH with a preterm baby. Thankful for all the checks I went to. I had so many scares throughout my pregnancy and even a warning of emergency c-sect (all previous births were via normal delivery.) It is very important to go for the routine checkups eventhough there is no scan on your every visits but they do check your bp and all to make sure you have no pre-eclampsia as an example. Of course subsidies and private is very different.

Read more