PUPPPS at week 38

I started noticing puppps rashes from week 38 onwards. The itch was killing me and nights were horrible even with aircon. Would like to share some of the things that worked for me. But would also like to find out if there are other tried and tested remedies? 1) hot showers - i know many articles advised against hot showers as it will aggrevate the itch. But the whole point was that you get the gratification of itching the itch w/o actually scratching it!!! Feels super super good after the shower. And the itch surprisingly doesn’t return until a few hours later. 2) suu balm rapid itch relief moisturiser - applying this miracle balm that contains menthol and is safe for pregnancy after my hot shower is so so so soothing. I also use it at any time I feel itch as it helps to soothe the itch and also moisturise my skin. 3) tea tree oil - I used it when there are new eruptions to prevent me from scratching them further 4) neoderm cream - prescribed by my gynae for my itch but I seldom use it unless I’m crying at night from the horrible itch and nothing above could save it. 5) I find that eating clean helps too and I stayed away from prawns ever since my eruption (suspected allergen for me)

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thank you for sharing